Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8th 2013

    So technically its the 9th but i haven't gone to bed so to me its still the 8th. Okay? Fair enough? Good. So i typed out a blog and well i didn't post it because I'm not really sure i want too. Or that i should. Its a slam on my character. I have to have somebody read it. That never happens. I am filtering myself, that's a first i think. Its not a bad blog or anything like that but i need an opinion on it.
Not that i write these blogs to impress anybody. Its just my way of venting, or mostly sharing my thoughts on whatever the case maybe. On with the blog. Please.
     So first and foremost its my Dads birthday. :) Unfortunately, as you know if you pay attention, He is no longer here on earth in the body form. But, i keep him in my thoughts everyday. I fondly talk about him every chance i get. Now i try not to get all sad and depressed about these events. As i have gotten older i cherish these memories i have. I love talking about my Dad. He was truly a great man. I will never be able to fill his shoes but i do try. As the years fly by i look back with smiles instead of cries. At some point and time i will throw a celebration honoring my Dad. Probably in June when its a little warmer. Apparently, the two feet of snow we have gotten prevents such events. Happy Birthday Dad I love and miss you,.
       Speaking of snow. So the East Coast is getting belted with yet another storm. This time its a blizzard. That's right Dairy Queen is dumping out ice cream all over the coast!!! Lucky, bastards! Okay i should make a joke because it is a serious situation. And i hope everyone manages to stay safe. You know what annoys me? I live in the strongest, richest country in the world and those people still haven't gotten money from super storm Sandy! That happened in October!!! Almost four months ago!?! And some of these people still haven't gotten the insurance money? Then whats the sense of having insurance if it takes this long? And by the way in case i didn't mention this...The storm was in Octo...oh i did say that? It snows in October!! These people have their backs against the wall heading into winter and well now the wall has been blown over! Yes, i know theres alot of paper work and blah, blah, blah but its not like winter is a once i a few years event. It happens every year. Now, i don't know of the conditions these people are living in but if they haven't received the money, i cant imagine they have been able to do repairs. Let alone before winter. And even if repairs had been done how much could have been finished before it snowed? I know Rome wasnt built in a day. But, We pay insurance for that exact reason. When we need it, it should be there in an instant when we need it most. Thatd be like going to the bank and them telling you " Yes, you may make a withdrawl but, you have to wait a few months. Sorry."
        I don't understand how and why we as a nation don't step up and take care of our own. We have sick people who cant afford medicine because the cost is outrageous. Why aren't our troops home instead of fighting a war when theres a war going on in our country. Theres many wars going on here. If they were here they could help people recover from disasters and they'd be in their HOME country taking care of this COUNTRY. hence the reason they are United States of America troops. This is no way shape or form a knock on our troops. I love them for all they do. Its more of a knock on the leaders of this country. Half our problems are because we are too concerned with everyone Else's issues. Simple solution here. They come here disturbing our peace. We go there, fuck shit up and come back home. Lesson learned. Its like helping a stranger when a member of your family needs your help more. Maybe this doesn't make any sense and I'm just rambling. In fact this isn't what i was planning on blogging about. I really was gonna do a blog about my Dad. But, i started watching the news and well here's the result. Speaking of news....Why do they only show the sad stories? The murders. The rapes. The missing person. Yes, that's news and that's how we find the bad guy. But, damn man. A good, heart warming story isn't gonna hurt anybody. I was at work this week and the TV was on. The topic? Casey Anthony!!!Seriously????You cant talk about the cat that was rescued/ Or the woman that is now cancer free? Good stories. The guy who carried groceries for the elder lady. Happy stuff. And they wonder why the people walking around are depressed and pissed off at everything. Man i better get off my soap box!
     Thank you for reading this blog. Stay tuned for more of my thoughts and opinions. Or you don't have too. Its your choice. Stay safe everyone i don't wanna see you on the news!!! Then again maybe you can get on the news for something good. just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment