Thursday, July 5, 2012

the day after and the following days...

    So did everybody survive the Fourth of July?Hopefully the worst that happened was a hangover for y'all. Sorry i didn't know what to put at the end of that previous sentence. Anyway, How was your fourth? I hope you all had a great day and if you didn't well better luck in September.
    So as every year for the fourth my brother and i ride our bikes uptown to watch the parade. It seems easier than fighting traffic and all the headaches of waiting for some jerk to let us in line.You all know exactly what I'm talking about and if you don't go shopping on black Friday! Not quite as bad but you get the idea.  So it was suppose to rain on the fourth of July i read afternnoonish which concerned me for the fireworks. Of all the days not the fourth!!!  The parade started and as it started the dark clouds started looking ominous. Oh boy this isn't looking good. Maybe they will just pass over us. "Maybe we should leave" my brother said. " Um this maybe a good idea. Uh oh i think i felt a rain drop." i said. "I thought i did too. We better head back. We can always come back up later." He said. And we were off!! As we were riding down the dirt driveway we both noticed something rather odd. Not only were the skies getting incredibly darker but apparently we were the only two that were able to see this phenomenon. People were walking towards the parade, "Do they not see the dark clouds?" "I dunno" and then it happened...A crash of thunder followed by the downpour of a lifetime! It was literally as if someone had an endless bucket of water and was pouring it directly on the world. The ride was just a wet blur. There was water everywhere! My clothes seemed to just absorb the water or maybe it was just that much rain. In fact i haven't seen it rain that hard that fast in awhile! I could barely see in front of me. My glasses were slipping and then i realized the worst possible thing in the world! MY PHONE!!!! It was probably drowning. Damn i cant afford a new phone! So rather than peddle harder i check to see if its soaked but no not yet!! Better ride faster! Unfortunately my legs were on fire by this point! Water splashing and zinging off the tires! And low and behold whats up ahead?? A busier than usual intersection, Are you kidding me? So its pouring and here we are standing at an intersection. Finally a break although i should have shifted gears to a lower gear. But no harm no foul. So we finally made it home and i pulled my phone out and...oh thank goodness it seemed to be in working condition still but, the storm is causing issues with it. As far as water damage i think its safe. Despite what some of you may think you know I'm not really texting much anymore. Its pretty much my Internet. And i really didn't wanna go through the hassle of getting a new one plus i think i already used my insurance claim thingy so it'd probably cost me retail for a new phone and they can..well forget that. Anyway fast forward to later that evening and the main event! Now maybe it was because i was anticipating them and hadn't seen them in a year but man i was kind of disappointed in them this year! Even the grande finale was weak, I don't know maybe the ground was still wet and that may have hampered them but i was disappointed. The lesson here is to never over anticipate things otherwise you ll end up disappointed!
    So i know its early and all but I'm so ready for fantasy football! In fact i have been doing mock drafts the last few days! How pathetic is that? Trying to perfect my almost certain to fail strategedy. No its cool because you can set yourself up in different spots in the draft order and see how players get drafted. Yeah its different every time but you know what i need no explanation of the stuff i do. *laughing* Last years strategy seemed to work pretty good until the playoffs then i was bounced and lost all my games. I call myself the regular season champ. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it this year. i do know it fun as hell and this year i can do a live draft! As long as my Internet connection cooperates with me. And that's another reason I'm doing the mock drafts...yeah. Next!
     Its gonna be another great sports weekend. Yankees are gonna crush the Red Sux. I'm gonna say we sweep them. BOOM! Then Saturday night is the race in Daytona. i love Daytona. The pack racing is awesome! Plus Dale Junior normally does decent there until he gets caught up in the wrecks at the end, And its gonna finish under the lights which adds more excitement to it. I know they are just going around in circles. And that is why you are narrow minded. Theres alot more to it.Maybe just maybe Junior can win again!! That would be awesome but i will settle for a top five and no less than a top ten. So my Saturday night seems to be filled. Unfortunatly my vacation is coming to an end but its been nice having this time off to recover of sorts. Too bad it doesnt happen every year. And hopefully we get our hot days out of the way so its not like an oven in there no pun intended. Well folks I'm gonna sign off for the night and i just want to take another moment and thank all of the troops all over the world. It is because of you that i can enjoy all of my freedoms. Good night everybody and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Bro, I could literally feel the rain while reading this lol.... Glad the Celly Phone was safe.... The post rained out bike ride you told me on Friday was funny as shit... especially Rockets reaction...

    ReplyDelete