Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What my freedom means to me..

       Yes i know i am about four minutes early but regardless I'm still gonna start this and by the time I'm done it will be the fourth of July. Now i may sound selfish in this particular blog but hey I'm allowed once in awhile. First and foremost THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMAN PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE who serve this great country and protect us from the evil of the world. God bless each and everyone of you.
     I wake up everyday at whatever time i want. I go to bed whenever i want. Nobody tells me when i am suppose to do either. I disagree with peoples opinions and have the right to voice my own. Case and point right here and now. As you read this you are allowed to disagree or agree with me freely. In fact you can even post your thoughts and opinions in the comment box at the bottom of this page. I can cheer for whatever team i choose, although theres no choice other than the Yankees. I'm allowed to love freely and nobody can stop that. I was born and raised in the greatest country in the world! In this country i may get grief from my friends or even strangers but I'm still allowed to voice my thoughts freely and openly. Today we celebrate our countries independence. Our freedoms and our rights. We celebrate life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Today will be filled with cookouts. Sharing laughs and memories with family and friends. Watching parades and going to gatherings. Now I'm sure alot of us wont take a moment and think about it but we really are very lucky to live in a free country. I mean we don't have a war going on. No bombs going off at any moment. We can do and say what we want within reason of course.
    The fireworks are the best part for me. I love the grande finale and i get chills and goose bumps every time i watch the end. I don't know why i just do. During the fireworks i find myself thinking of our troops who are overseas fighting for us. Fighting for our way of life.  I am very patriotic. Theres nothing better than living in the United States of America. Everything about us is the greatest. Ill never be able to comprehend the daily struggles that our troops face on a daily basis. Knowing when they board that plane they may not see their family for months even years again. That's sacrifice. That's a sacrifice that can never be repaid! Its a nice feeling knowing when i go back to work ill be getting paid a decent wage with benefits, and i wont be making pennies or working for free because in America we are independent and are given opportunity to make a living. Our soldiers make this all possible for fighting for each and everyone of us. They are risking their lives everyday for us to have the freedoms we take for granted. So while you are laughing and having a good time take a moment and think of the reason why we are able to be enjoying the day. Take the moment to think of our bravest. If you know any soldiers thank them. Let them know you appreciate the sacrifice they made and continue to make.
    I will forever be grateful and indebted to each and everyone of them. Yes i will be enjoying a parade in the morning (pending the weather. Its currently raining) and the festivities at the local park. And i can hardly wait to watch the fireworks. But in the back of my mind i will silently take a moment and say a prayer for all the men and women who are fighting our battles all over the world. I will pray for the safe return and a speedy recovery for those inquired. And a special prayer for the families and friends of fallen soldiers. For it is their sacrifice, which is the ultimate sacrifice that gives each of us our freedoms that we take for granted. Words are never enough but thank you to all of you from the bottom of my heart for your courage and bravery. You all are true American hero's and deserve to be recognized everyday not just the fourth of July or Memorial day but, everyday. theres a line in a Toby Keith song that goes "You ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A cause well put a boot in your ass its the American way!!!!" Thank you and may God bless each and everyone of you no matter where you are. And may God bless the United States of America. Good night and happy fourth of July to all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good post as always.... I'm glad that we can say what we want, blog what we want, love who and how we want... It's been said a thousand times, but I'll say it again, God bless the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete