Sunday, June 10, 2012

     Lets see...Im not really sure what i will blog about tonight. Maybe just an intro statement til  something comes to me then ill go from there. So the Yankees won again tonight this thime beating the cross town rival Mets. Man i got alot to do tomorrow. Got to mow the yard. Catch up laundry. Run to Verizon and Wal Mart. And hopefully watch Dale Junior win the race. That would be so awesome! Id do a back flip then immediatly go to the hospital id probably break myself twice trying a flip.
    Im so happy that i live in the country. Its so peaceful out here. Tonight my brothers and sisiter in law had a little cookout. It was so nice just spending time with them. As i get older i cherish these times more and more. And look forward to them greatly. And despite what my oldest brother said the Yankees did win. It was a great summer night. Yeah its not quite summer but the weather was perfect. Nice cool breeze. Not too hot or too cool. Perfect weather. As the sun was going down the sky was as always a beautiful assorment of colors. As the conversations changed i mostly listened just enjoying the time together. Man i wish i could lock up those moments and replay them whenever i want too.Tonight the world felt perfect to me.
   We even had entertainment on the form of a couple of chipmunks running around. It was such a relaxing night. And i had let my brother and his wife know i was disappointed in them. They made no mention of my new glasses. For anybody that knows me this is a big deal.Ive been wearing them a little over aweek now. Only because my other ones broke. Still adjusting to these but not too bad i suppose. Anyway back to the blog. Where we have our little fires and cookout is next to a creek and theres seemingly always water running. Not a river by any means but the sound of trickling water can still be heard. Which just adds to the peace and relaxation. Itd be the perfect spot to pitch a tent and camp. Or even back the truck down and sleep in the back. Then later we heard coons either fighting or getting attacked. It definatly didnt sound happy whatever was going on. Then after that we thought we heard a deer snort.
    I can tell you im tired! I havent been doing much sleeping lately. No matter how late im up six hours of sleep then boom im awake. No reason just awake. Thursday i woke up and could have fallen back to sleep but i reached for my phone in my deserate hope of a certain text message but no such luck. As it seems to be the way its gonna be again. I need to do a bunch of stuff this summer to keep this mind busy, That means all the time!Im not on the verge of exhausted but a few more late nights and i will be there. Like the old days were i worked two jobs and literally got 3-4 hours of sleep a day


2 comments:

  1. I remember those times..... and the Ouija board..... I'm sorry I missed out on the cookout and such, sounds like a good time bro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed the Ouija board... going to have to share that sometime.

    It's always nice to take a step back and forget the world exists, even for a moment, just to enjoy what you have. I'm glad you took that moment.

    ReplyDelete